The Frick Collection is an art museum located in the Henry Clay Frick House on the Upper East Side in Manhattan, New York City at 1 East 70th Street. It houses the collection of industrialist, Henry Clay Frick (1849–1919).
The Frick is one of the pre-eminent small art museums in the United States, with a high-quality collection of old master paintings and fine furniture housed in nineteen galleries of varying size within the former residence. The collection features some of the best-known paintings by major European artists as well as numerous sculptures, porcelain, 18th-century French furniture, Limoges enamel, and Oriental rugs.
After Frick’s death, his daughter, Helen Clay Frick, and the Board of Trustees expanded the collection: nearly half of the collection’s artworks have been acquired since 1919. Although the museum cannot lend the works of art that belonged to Frick, as stipulated in his will, The Frick Collection does lend artworks and objects acquired since his death. — wikipedia.org
Introduction to The Frick Collection
To celebrate its 75th anniversary in 2010, The Frick Collection launched a new orientation film. Narrated by members of the Frick’s senior staff, this eleven-minute presentation was produced and directed by the award-winning filmmaker Christopher Noey. A DVD available from the Museum Shop (www.frick.org/shop).